Monday 23 August 2010

Sugar and spice...

Beschuit met muisjes...

Last week I did my first real 'making' since the move, and it felt soooooooo good to be back behind my desk! The office/workroom is all unpacked and apart from a minor re plastering job and a lick of paint, is all set up and ready to go.

Want to see what I made? Go on then....!

Baby gifts

I hosted a baby shower for a friend, and as part of her gift, made her this pair of baby shoes and matching burp cloths.

I also made her a baby bouquet of vests and socks - I haven't made one of these for ages!

I had lots of fun preparing for the baby shower too, making cupcakes: 

Cupcakes for baby shower


Fondant dummy cupcake


baby feet cupcake

 and decorations..
(I loved these. Was very tempted to leave them up, but my girls nabbed them all for their rooms!)

Decorations

The very observant amongst you may have noticed a sneak peek of the blanket that I'm making for the baby too. It's still not finished, and the baby is due next Monday. I'll give you a closer look next time.. xx

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful gifts, and fabulous cupcakes!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made all that? really? everything shown here..... I am stunned at your creativeness... to be able to sew and bake and make and do and ..... its not fair (said in petulent whiney voice! lol) well done you... love absolutley everything...never seen a vest and sock boquet before, what a fabulous idea....

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cupcakes are amazing, the cutest little shoes and I love those fluffy decorations, no wonder your daughters nabbed them!

    ReplyDelete