Sunday 14 June 2009

Cake, and lots of it!

I seem to have spent the whole weekend baking and eating cake!

I know there are worse ways to pass the time, but I need to think of better ones too or my waist and wardrobe won't forgive me!

Saturday was scones, freshly baked, with jam and cream

Today was an afternoon spent out in the sun with friends, eating cake - sponge with fresh strawberries and whipped cream - and drinking tea while the children played. It's not often our weekends are so quiet, but it was a lovely relaxed time.

Wish we could have more (but maybe less cake next time!)

4 comments:

  1. Less cake would be a crime, invest in some elasticated waist jeans!! It's what my Dad did years ago and has never looked back!!
    They do look very yummy indeed!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even more proof that I need to move in with you. That cake looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call it official Cake Weekend and then you can just get on with 'embracing the cake' once a year, or half yearly, or monthly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, that looks so delicious!! I need to go and make some scones right now!
    PS. re the swap, can you let me know if there are any colours you particularly don't like? I'm starting to get my ideas together :)

    ReplyDelete