Saturday 17 January 2009

Whoop!

Wow! Look what arrived for me today, from America....


I was given this book for Christmas and fell in love with the patchwork throw . I have never done any patchwork or quilting before, but seeing this throw and being inspired through this lady's blog, I decided to make my first quilt. Surprisingly, while looking for fabric, I discovered that not only was the Amy Butler fabric much cheaper in America, but that the difference in postage cost between buying it here and buying it from America was hardly anything. I found this lady's shop on Ebay and ordered some pre-cut squares and some fat quarters.










I also ordered these from this lady,


to make a block like this:


I'm not sure if I'll put it in this one or use it for something else....

I got a bit carried away though and ended up buying a pack of Heather Bailey squares too! Which I think I'll use for a separate quilt - if the first one succeeds that its!
I have to confess, these are by far my favourites. I love the colours and the pattern designs.

So, I have been patiently waiting for my package to arrive and today it did! I know that I've got way too much fabric for just one quilt, so am now busy thinking of all the different things that I can make as well. I've decided that I'm not going to make a quilt using just the squares, but hope to make it similar to the one in the book, made of differing sized squares and rectangles.


Well, that's the plan anyhow. Only trouble is my sewing machine is broken at the moment, we're waiting for the part to arrive. So for now I'll take a peek over here for inspiration and spend far too much time arranging and re-arranging the squares in pretty patterns on the floor!

1 comment:

  1. Damn, I've now drooled all over my keyboard. Have you got any tissues handy?

    Love all that fabric - I'm a complete fabric-aholic. Heather Bailey, Michael Miller and Erin McMorris are my favourites, but fabric is fabric. Can't wait to see your quilts.

    x

    ReplyDelete