Saturday 24 January 2009

Where did the week go?

Goodness! I can't believe it's Saturday already. From a lovely lazy Monday, the week seemed to gather speed and now it's Saturday before I can take a breath and pause a little. Yet despite all this busyness (and probably because of it) I have little to show for it. There are lots of 'half finished' projects all around me, yet not much that is actually done.


I've been making the girls a nightdress each in my dressmaking classes. A nice and easy project to start with, and it will solve the problem of finding nice ones. Little Miss Chatterbox loves to sleep in nighties, she really doesn't like pyjamas, but I've had lots of problems finding ones that we both like. We both love the older style long nighties to be found in Boden and The White company, but by the time I have bought one for each of the three girls, it's close to 90 pounds! I found a lovely soft, brushed cotton and a good pattern and chose that as my project. At the moment I'm making the one for Ladybug in the class and then coming home to do the same to the other two. I'm really pleased with how they are turning out, and apart from sewing up a sleeve inside out, they have gone very smoothly! I'll choose something more challenging for my next project, something with buttonholes and a zip.


My knitting has come to a bit of a standstill too :-( . I haven't picked up my needles since last weekend. At this speed, my lovely snuggly cardigan will be finished in the middle of the summer!

My quilt is still in pieces on the floor, although the spare part did arrive for my sewing machine..

The study is still in disarray..

..but one thing I did manage to finish was my swap for my swap partner for the fat quarter swap, and a package is now winging its way across to America. Here is a very tiny peek, as I don't want to spoil the surprise!

I still need to do my package for my mug swap partner though!

5 comments:

  1. You can't beat gingham, can you? They're going to be gorgeous. Can we see them when they're finished? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I'm hoping to get them finished in the lesson this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely blog, nice nighties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a kick up the bum to start work on the pj bottoms I've got fabric and pattern for! I've been working on my mug today, not quite ready yet though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to you. I used to do postcard swaps but it was a lot of pressure after a while because I kept joining new swaps all the time. Best wishes. Linda
    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete